New to kayaking or just want to improve your paddling skills? Our Essentials of Kayak Touring Class promotes essential skills and knowledge to increase your enjoyment, performance and safety while kayaking. Led by ACA certified instructors, our classes are kept at a 5 to one maximum ratio of students to instructor to promote personalized development and safety.
Our venue for Essentials of Kayak Touring - Part 1 is Oyster Creek in Sugar Land, Texas. This class is 4 hours and includes both on-land and on-the-water instruction covering the following topics:
1) Kayak Design & Fit
2) Kayak Safety & Essential Gear
3) Launching & Landing a Kayak
4) Basic Paddle Strokes: Forward, Reverse, Stop, Forward Sweep, Reverse Sweep, Bow/Stern Rudder and Sculling Draw
Our venue for Fundamentals of Kayak Touring - Part 2 is Lake Woodlands in The Woodlands, Texas. Prerequiste for this class is completion of Part 1 or demostration of skills listed. This class is 4 hours and includes both on-land and on-the-water instruction covering the following topics:
1) Transporting a Kayak
2) Group Safety & Signaling
3) Launching & Landing a Kayak (Ramp & Shore)
4) Edging, Brace Strokes & Combination Strokes
5) Wet Exits & Resuces: Paddle Float, Scramble & Assisted T-Rescue
Upon registering above, we will email you two forms for completion, directions/address to venue and check list of items to bring with you on day of class.
Don't have your own kayak gear? Rentals are available in the menu above.
Group Rates & Custom Venues Available